Christmas is a time of eating, fun, and sharing. For those of us who don't have the daunting task of preparing the main meal, it's always nice to bring something along. That's why we at A-1 Home Care have dug up this recipe for gingerbread cupcakes that can be taken along for an after dinner treat.
Our team cares about the health of our readers, and we encourage you to use lower fat options and organic ingredients where possible. Happy Holidays!
Gingerbread Cupcakes with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1¾ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, warmed to room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, plus more for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin tins or 24 mini muffin tins.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, molasses and egg.
- Add ¼ cup of the milk to the melted butter mixture plus half of the dry mixture, stirring well. Add remaining dry ingredients and milk until combined.
- Pour batter into muffin tins. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from oven and cool on a rack for at least a half hour.
- While the cupcakes are cooking and cooling, beat butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Add the milk, a tablespoon at a time, until the frosting is just spreadable. Do not add too much milk. If the frosting is warm, cover and place in refrigerator for a few minutes before frosting cupcakes.
- Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, fill a piping bag with frosting and pipe large swirls onto the tops of each cupcake. Lightly sprinkle cinnamon on top of frosting for decoration.
In case you or a family member needs homecare assistance during the holidays, our caregivers can provide assistance. we know that with busy schedules, flight arrangements, and other travelling requirements, it may be difficult to find care helpers who can travel or work during the holiday hours. Call us to arrange care during this time!
A-1 Home Care is Shield Accredited and fully licensed, bonded and insured. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day to recieve your call.
Visit http://www.sandimasinhomecare.com for home care in San Dimas or call 626-287-0250 for services.